We are involved in many projects that benefit the city and the surrounding area.
Current and past projects include:
• assessing planning applications and commenting on them to Harrogate Borough Council
• advising on the setting up, enlargement and review of the city’s Conservation Area
• commenting on the Borough’s Local Plan
• putting up informative plaques on historic buildings around the city
• compiling a photographic record of all Ripon’s Listed Buildings, of its alleyways and shop fronts
• playing a major role in the restoration of the Market Square and the implementation of the central traffic scheme
• setting up the Ripon Museum Trust
• creating Allhallows Park out of former wasteland
• restoring the 1911 Cabmen’s Shelter in the Market Square and donating it to Ripon City Council
• publishing books and leaflets of local interest
The Society’s prestigious Annual Awards recognise the achievements of architects, builders, developers, craftsmen and the owners of property in enhancing the city and the villages around.
Our Awards are presented for: